Holy cow this tart is delicious!! What’s even better is the fact that it is completely guilt free! This raw vegan chocolate raspberry tart is something that anyone would enjoy! Well … obviously not peanut allergy people of course 🙁 anyways, the sweet, creamy, chocolatey filling is paired nicely with the crunchy/chewy crust and the sweet/sour raspberry. Give this recipe a try! You will be begging for second servings. Recipe below!
Raw Vegan Chocolate Raspberry Tart
makes one 9″ tart/pie
For the crust:
2 cups almonds (i did half almonds, half oatmeal)
1 cup dates, pitted
a pinch of maldon salt (for taste)
For the chocolate filling:
1 cup dates, pitted
1/2 cup raw cashews
6 tbsp cacao powder
4 tbsp all-natural peanut butter (or any other kind of nut butter)
1/2 tsp vanilla essence
unsweetened plant-based milk (or water), until desired consistency
For the garnish:
2 cups fresh raspberries
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. To make the crust, in a food processor, add in the almonds, oatmeal, salt, and dates and process until you have a sticky dough. Press this firmly into the bottom of either a tart or pie pan lined with parchment, before punching holes all around the bottom using a fork. Bake for about 10-20 minutes, or until golden brown. Remove the crust from the oven and set it aside to cool.
3. While the crust is baking, go ahead and make the chocolate filling. In a food processor, add in all the filling ingredients and blend until you have a smooth and creamy paste. Start with using 1 cup of milk and add more as you go along. The texture should be similar to Nutella! Pour the filling over crust, flatten with a spatula.
4. Once the chocolate filling has set, remove the tart from the refrigerator. Garnish and arrange the fresh raspberries as close together as you possibly can on top of the chocolate filling.
5. Serve immediately or leave it in the fridge for 2 hours for a thicker/fudgier textured chocolate tart!
This video is not sponsored!