This is Dan from Primal4Life bringing you “Salisbury Steak with Mushroom Gravy.” Looking for a great classic, but without the gluten? Want to enjoy a greal Paleo meal, but without the artificial ingredients and sodium that would normally come in that boxed meal? Well here’s a great recipe for you to make from the comfort of your own home with ingredients that you can trust. We spotted this recipe in Paleo Indulgences http://www.julianbakery.com/paleo-product/paleo-indulgences-satisfy-your-primal-cravings/ , and in no time we had a Salisbury feast served up. Paleo Indulgences is an amazing cookbook that Julian Bakery offers in their cookbook section on their website, and it is packed with incredible meals that will allow you to create and impress… And while we were ordering up our cookbook, we made sure we stocked up on the basics, like Coconut Flour which we used in this recipe, along with Coconut Manna, Coconut Nectar, Coconut Aminos, and of course we had to load our freezer up with more Paleo Bread! Yeah, they have quite the selection of Paleo products, as you can tell… It is my favorite one-stop-shop to find a lot of my Paleo/Primal needs so we can shake and bake!
Ingredients — for the steaks:
• 1.5 lbs ground beef
• ½ medium yellow onion, finely chopped
• 1 clove garlic, minced
• 2 tsp granulated onion
• ½ tsp chopped fresh rosemary
• 1 tsp paprika
• 1 tsp sea salt
• freshly ground black pepper to taste
• 2 tbsp butter
Ingredients — for the gravy:
• 8 oz white mushrooms, chopped
• Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
• 2 cups beef broth
• ½ cup coconut milk
• 1 tbsp Coconut Secret — Coconut Flour – sifted
• 1 tbsp arrowroot starch mixed with a tiny bit of cold water to make a slurry
1) Place all the steak ingredients, except the butter, in a medium bowl and mix gently to combine.
2) For 4 large oval patties, about 1″ thick
3) Heat the coconut oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat and add the patties.
4) Cook until browned and caramelized, about 6 minutes per side.
5) Remove the patties to a platter and keep warm by tenting with foil.
6) Make the gravy. Add the mushrooms to the pan. Season with salt and pepper and cook until tender, about 5 minutes.
7) Add the beef broth and coconut milk to pan.
8) Add the Coconut Flour and stir. Bring to a boil.
9) Add the arrowroot slurry and stir in until thick, about 1 minute. Remove gravy from heat.
10) Serve Salisbury steaks with mushroom gravy ladled over the top!
Prep Time: 15 min
Cook Time: 25 min
What a delicious dinner this ended up being, not that we couldn’t tell from the second we noticed this recipe in the Paleo Indulgences cookbook! I’m telling you, they need to invent a scratch and sniff version, but you can almost smell the recipes while flipping through the pages. The gorgeous photography really makes your senses come alive, from sight to smell…. We served this up with some mashed cauliflower, and I cannot wait to make it again. Except next time, I think we’ll add in a little Paleo Powder to spice things up, or maybe even serve the Salibury Steak in a Paleo Bread sandwich!
So make sure you go to http://www.JulianBakery.com/Paleo to order up the needed products to make this meal, along with all of your other clean eating needs…. Julian Bakery’s Paleo section only stocks the finest of items, items that are non-GMO, items that lack grains and gluten, and even pass on the soy! Check them out, and I hope you enjoyed this food blog for Salisbury Steak with Mushroom Gravy! Thanks for visiting!
Paleo Store: http://julianbakery.com/paleo
Julian Bakery On Facebook: http://facebook.com/julianbakery