Hello everyone, Paleo Nate here from PaleoNate.com and I wanted to share another enticing recipe but this time, it’s for a Paleo dessert. You like that, don’t ya? We can thank Julie and Charles Mayfield’s book, Paleo Comfort Foods Available here http://www.julianbakery.com/paleo for this one. I found it on page 322 and I thought I would give it a go for our Christmas party. Everyone else was bringing super sweet and gluten filled desserts, but I however, brought the low carb, good-for-ya dessert, to the party. I got a lot of compliments from the people that actually tried it. So I think we shall do it again in the future but maybe change up the main fruit used. I love how I can still eat so many types of meals but stay true to the Paleo lifestyle. Don’t forget to pick up this Paleo cookbook and others on the Paleo page at JulianBakery.com. Anyways, let’s get started so you can start baking!
• 1 cup of almond flour
• 1 cup of pecans, finely chopped
• 3 tsp of organic cinnamon
• 1 tsp of organic nutmeg
• 1/3 cup of coconut oil
• 2 tbsp of organic raw honey
• 2 tbsp of organic vanilla extract
• 5 organic Granny Smith apples, peeled, cored, sliced
• Juice from one organic lemon
1. Preheat oven to 350°F
2. Combine almond flour, pecans, 2 tsp of cinnamon, and nutmeg in a mixing bowl
3. In a separate bowl, use a fork to combine coconut oil, raw honey, and vanilla
4. Mix into the almond flour/pecan mixture
5. Spread sliced apples in a baking dish and combine with lemon juice, stir in remaining cinnamon and mix well
6. Sprinkle the almond/pecan mixture over the apples, cover with aluminum foil, and bake for 45 minutes or until apples are soft
7. Remove the foil, and bake for another 15 minutes or so until topping is browned
8. Cut and serve!
• 10 minutes+
• 60 minutes
• 6-8 people
Don’t forget that you can change up the main fruit used. You could make a Paleo Pear Pie as well or any other type of fruit that sounds appealing to you. So there you have it, another gratifying dish to add to your Paleo cookbook / More Paleo Books: http://www.julianbakery.com/paleo . Try making this dessert yourself and let me know what you think in the comments. Thanks so much for reading about my journey to the complete Paleo lifestyle. I will try to post my adventures daily at PaleoNate.com. I hope you enjoyed my video as well. Stay tuned, and remember to get healthy and stay there!