An easy and satisfying morning meal of fruit and nuts a cereal with soy milk and sliced strawberries and apricots…
RECIPE: Paleo Oatmeal
1/2 cup full-fat canned coconut milk PLUS 1/4 cup water OR 3/4 cup homemade coconut milk OR 3/4 cup water
3 Tbs. coconut flour
2 Tbs. finely shredded coconut
1 pastured egg OR 1/2 banana, mashed for egg free option
Oatmeal toppings of your choice
1. In a small saucepan, mix together the liquid, coconut flour and shredded coconut. Bring to a boil (mixture will be thick), cover, reduce heat to low, and simmer for 2-3 minutes. Stir halfway through.
2. Off the heat, crack the egg into the saucepan and whisk quickly to prevent the egg from scrambling with the heat. Then, return to the heat and stir until thickened, about 2 minutes.
2 tablespoons melted coconut oil
1 tablespoon honey
½ cup unsweetened apple sauce
1 teaspoon vanilla
½ cup cashew or almond milk
2½ cups almond flour
2 tablespoons coconut flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
½ teaspoon salt
1 cup mixed blackberries and raspberries, or fruit of choice
1. Preheat oven to 350° and line a muffin tin with 12 liners.
2. In a large bowl, mix the coconut oil, honey, applesauce, eggs, vanilla, and cashew milk. Stir until fully combined.
3. Add in the almond flour, coconut flour, baking powder, and salt.
4. Stir until just combined and no chunks are left.
5. Evenly distribute between the 12 muffin tins.
6. Push berries in on top and bake for 20-22 minutes.
7. Can be stored one day on the counter, an longer than that store in the fridge.
Kimberly – Everything Tutorials